Frontcrawl Clinic, Level 1
Finally, an instructor-led clinic that will show YOU how to swim more efficiently!
"(What I liked best was) The systematic approach to improving technique. It was very helpful to learn about all of the elements of the front crawl stroke in this way (ie systematically adressing kick,rotation,breathing,catch, pull & recovery). The clinic was very helpful in allowing me to determine what I need to do to improve my swimming." (Brian, Front Crawl Clinic Attendee)
SEE ALSO! Frontcrawl Clinic, Level 2 for those wanting to progress to the next level (for candidates who completed the Level 1 or similar skill).
What: Our Level 1, Basics Pre-Masters (Front Crawl) clinic is designed for swimmers who may be intimidated with Masters and Triathlon swim clubs and want to perfect their swimming stroke. We do this by focusing on stroke improvement rather than lap swimming. We will customize drills to improve your technique and make you swim longer, easier. We recommend that you augment our sessions with a swim practice at least once a week in order to benefit from both our technique and your regular aerobic conditioning. We will teach you the following techniques:
- proper head position, body position, and balance
- timing for breathing
- benefits of core rotation
- proper catch with “high” elbows
- personalized drills to correct inefficiencies
- video analysis to showcase your technique development
Where: Held either at Brewer Pool (other side of Bronson Ave from Carleton University) or occassionally at JCC pool (Carling/Queensway area)
Who: Novice to intermediate swimmers who need to learn how to become fish-like in the water through dedicated drills and anlaysis. You must be able to swim 200 metres continuous front crawl. This is not a learn to swim program. Your instructors will be Emily Anzai and guest coaches and demonstrators.
How: We will start with a presentation and demonstration on the important phases of the frontcrawl stroke using, for example, head-lead and progress to hand-lead and full body rotation drills. Part II and III progress to the breathing, arm recovery, and through to the importance of catch. We will monitor your development so not only will you understand why you are doing the drill but how to do it properly! This is not designed to be an aerobic activity...be prepared for a drill focus environment with lots of feedback.
Why: This is the crucial first step to learning how to swim easier...and more efficiently. By offering these short, intensive sessions you will be able to both conceptually and physically comprehend the technique. After the session, we would advise you to incorporate the drills into your regular swim practices and join us for other clinics.
When: The following Frontcrawl Level 1 sessions will be offered this season:
*Other dates can be arranged upon request and pool/coach availability (Choose the 'Contact Me' option in the registration field below)
Bring a towel or something warm to wear on the pool deck and in the pool (preferably not a wet suit as we need you to feel proper balance)
Bring swimmer fins (short fin and not long scuba fins) especially if you do not have a particularly strong kick (you can purchase them at AquaSport on Iris Road near Ikea)
Please make sure you show up on time to eliminate any distractions
All costs below include taxes
Register online below!
Your Name (First name, Last name)
Birth Date (DD/MM/YYYY)
Your email address primary:
Primary phone contact #
How did you hear about our program?
*Choose the next upcoming session (six 90 minute sessions):
Saturdays Oct 29-Dec 10, 2016 (Nov 19 cancelled), 3:45-5:15 pm @ Brewer Pool FULL
Saturdays Jan 21-Mar 4, 2017, 3:45-5:15 pm @ Brewer Pool. No practice Feb 25.
CONTACT ME FOR FUTURE DATES - Other sessions dates/times preferred are:
The cost of this program is $220.35 ($195+HST) to be charged by PayPal OR via bank e-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org (please use an understandable security question such as the name of the clinic pool in all lower case).
Detail swimming background and current skill level. How far do you swim in a typical practice:
What are the objectives that you would like to achieve in this program:
Please list any conditions that may affect physical exercise:
Release and Indemnity
The purpose of this document is to preclude any claim arising out of my participation in the activities of swimottawa.com (Anzai! Inc.).
In consideration of the training, coaching and facilities provided to me by swimottawa.com (Anzai! Inc.):
• I confirm that I am aware that swimming is a sport, which involves risk, including significant cardiovascular demands.
• I confirm that I am physically fit and able to participate in swimming at a Masters level and am not aware of nor have I been advised of any physical limitations to my participation.
• I agree that I will not make any claim for loss, damage, injury or expense, including any claim based on negligence or breach of contract, against swimottawa.com (Anzai! Inc.), its members, executive members, volunteers, trainers, coaches, sponsors, officials or the owners, staff or operators of any recreational facilities used by swimottawa.com (Anzai! Inc.).
• I agree to indemnify and hold harmless swimottawa.com (Anzai! Inc.) and those individuals and organizations set out in the preceding paragraph from any claims for loss, damage, injury or expense associated with my participation in activities and events sponsored or sanctioned by swimottawa.com (Anzai! Inc.).
• I agree this document is binding upon me, my personal representatives, heirs and assigns.
• I understand that there will be no refund, swimmer substitution, or credit arrangements allowances.
I declare I am 18 years of age or older and I have read and understood the terms of this waiver. I also understand there will be no make-up sessions for classes I miss nor a partial refund.
By clicking 'Continue' you are committing to the clinic and the conditions listed above. You will be taken to a secure PayPal link to complete your registration. If you are paying by e-Transfer to email@example.com, click 'Continue' and exit the PayPal screen.You must submit payment within 24 hours to secure your spot.